I am a senior researcher at INRIA in Paris, France.
(Here are directions to our site, and here is a map.)
I lead the Cambium team.
- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin (1755)
- Beaucoup de mal durable est souvent fait par les choses provisoires.
-- Victor Hugo (1848)
- Chacun appelle idées claires celles qui sont au même degré de confusion que les siennes propres.
-- Marcel Proust
- Tough ain't enough.
- Remind me to come here next time I want my constitution undermined.
Current software (gitlab):
- Menhir, an LR(1) parser generator for the
OCaml programming language
an OCaml library
that offers efficient ephemeral and persistent sequences,
co-authored with Arthur Charguéraud
a tool that helps perform random testing or fuzz testing of an arbitrary OCaml library
- Visitors, an OCaml syntax extension
that generates object-oriented visitors for traversing and transforming data structures
an OCaml library for ML type inference and elaboration,
described in my ICFP 2014 paper
an OCaml library for memoization, hash-consing, and computing
least fixed points
an OCaml adaptation of Wadler's and Leijen's prettier printer
an OCaml library for counting, enumerating and sampling
inhabitants of algebraic data types
an OCaml library that offers several implementations of this famous data structure
a Coq library for writing a do/while loop, while producing
clean OCaml extracted code.
My current and former Ph.D. students are:
- Clément Allain (2022-),
- Alexandre Moine (2021-)
(co-advised with Arthur Charguéraud),
- Olivier Martinot (2020-),
- Paulo Emílio de Vilhena (2019-2022)
(now a postdoctoral researcher at Imperial College London),
- Frédéric Bour (2019-)
(also an engineer at Tarides),
- Glen Mével (2018-2022)
(co-advised with Jacques-Henri Jourdan),
- Naomi Testard (2017-2019),
- Armaël Guéneau (2016-2019)
(co-advised with Arthur Charguéraud)
(now a researcher at Inria Saclay),
- Jonathan Protzenko (2010-2014)
(now a researcher at Microsoft Research in Redmond),
- Nicolas Pouillard (2008-2011)
(now a free-lance programmer and researcher),
- Alexandre Pilkiewicz (2008-2011)
(now at Google France),
- Arthur Charguéraud (2007-2010)
(now a researcher at Inria in Strasbourg),
- Yann Régis-Gianas (2004-2007)
(now at Nomadic Labs),
- Nadji Gauthier (2003-2005),
- Vincent Simonet (2000-2004)
(now at Google France).
- I am a member (and the webmaster) of the Choucas Cellois,
a mountain biking club West of Paris.