of high-level programming languages
Financial Support for Young European Participants
- The Training and Mobility of Researchers (TMR) Programme of the
European Community (Activity 4) can provide financial support to selected
young researchers and post graduate students to enable them to attend either
of the Euroconference ICFP 99 or PPDP 99. This support is made
available via the European Association for Programming Languages and Systems
- The support includes part of the conference fees, of the travel and
accommodation costs. The exact amount of individual support depends on
the applications received. In case the applications exceed the available
budget for this purpose, decisions are made in consultation with the boards
of EAPLS and PLI.
- Nationality: European Union and Norway, Israel, Iceland, Liechtenstein.
We can not support more than one third of the participants of the same
nationality or who work in the same country.
- Age: 35 or younger
(non student participants may also apply).
- Application: An application form is available in
The completed application form has both to be emailed to
and sent together with your
registration form to the conference
Both the application and the registration forms
have to be received no later than August 15.
Applications will be reviewed at this date. Applications will only be
accepted after this date if all the money from the grant has not been
- Participation: TMR-granted participants have to attend at least
one of the conference ICFP 99 or PPDP 99 completely.
- Travel: The maximum reimbursement of travel expenses is the
most economical air fare or 2nd class train fare.
- Accommodation: The maximum reimbursement of accommodation
expenses is for lodging in the most inexpensive hotel listed in the hotel
reservation form for the number of nights during full conference
participation, and for meals at facilities as recommended by the local