MMM Release Notes (distributed versions)
0.416 (May 7, 2000)
0.415 (Jan 20, 2000)
0.40 (Dec 2, 1996)
0.30beta(Apr 5, 1996)
The distribution is still available by anonymous ftp. You will find there binary versions of MMM for SunOS 4.1.x (sparc), Solaris 5.5 (sparc) DEC/OSF (alpha) and Linux a.out (i486, Pentium). The full source distribution is also available.
0.30 beta is mostly a bug fix release, though is has some
nice new features.
If you want to learn more about MMM, here are several online documents:
Applets Applets Applets Applets
Applets for this new version are here.
0.30 alpha2, (Jan 16 1996)
0.30 alpha2 is mostly a bug fix release, though is has some
nice new features.
Online documents about MMM Version 030alpha2:
Applets for the alpha2 version are here.
Version 0.30alpha1, Nov 14 1995
The list of changes for this version is here.
If you are still using 0.30alpha1, check this cool
with applets in Caml!
(or use this other version of the page, with PGP signed applets. Requires PGP.)
More examples of applets (for extending the browser) are
applets by Jun Furuse.
Siome animated applets
(and their original version,
by Pascal Brisset)
Online documents about MMM Version 0.30alpha1:
Version 0.26, Sep 22 1995
- Added interface for watching/aborting "external" connexions
- Added feedback for some synchronous sections
- ~ substitution in file dialogs
- Fixed impossibility to save cached HTML documents with Shift-Button-1
- Now passes form validation at WRL.
Version 0.25, Sep 15 1995
- Layout, focus problems and menu access with Alt+Letter
- Normalization of file: urls
- Added Always proxy pref for slow lines (no access to a name server).
- Hack for in-lined JPEG using external converter
- More prefs for images
- Quit confirmation only for last window on Close Window
- Menu "Open Selection", to open an URL from X selection
Known bugs, fixed in later versions
- There should be something indicating that a connexion is being attempted
or an image loaded (busy cursor).
- There sould be a way to abort connexions delegated to external viewers
- </ADDRESS> does not close a paragraph.
- There are still bugs in forms...
- text/plain is displayed in non-fixed font. But is this a really a bug ?
- External programs is still bogus (I changed from system() to execvp(),
but forgot that external commands could be commands such as xterm -e elm).
History of mmm releases
[an error occurred while processing this directive]